Michael Lauderdale is an accomplished trial lawyer with 25 years experience skillfully resolving civil and employment-related disputes through mediation and arbitration, before administrative agencies, and in federal and state courts throughout the United States. He has also served as an administrative law judge for the Oklahoma Department of Labor.
Michael has extensive, concentrated experience resolving single-plaintiff, multiple-plaintiff, and class action claims and disputes involving the following:
- Fair Labor Standards Act
- Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964
- Americans with Disabilities Act
- Age Discrimination in Employment Act
- Family and Medical Leave Act
- Non-solicitation, non-compete, and confidentiality agreements
- Retaliation and wrongful discharge
- Employment contracts
- Personnel policies
Michael’s work in the field of labor and employment law and litigation have earned him inclusion in The Best Lawyers in America, Oklahoma Super Lawyers,Benchmark Litigation, and the prestigious Chambers USA Guide to America’s Leading Lawyers for Business, where he was noted for his “intelligent, aggressive and results-oriented style.”
He is a frequent speaker on labor and employment issues and has been a guest legal columnist and contributing author to numerous business and professional publications, including The Oklahoman, The Journal Record, HRlaws.com, The Oklahoma Employment Law Letter, and EmployerLINC.com, a legal blog dedicated to workplace issues.
Michael is a member of the Oklahoma County Bar Association and Oklahoma Bar Association and serves on the board of advisors of his alma mater, The University of Oklahoma College of Law.
- Juris Doctor, with special distinction, University of Oklahoma, 1990 (Order of the Coif)
- B.B.A. (Finance), with special distinction, University of Oklahoma, 1987 (Beta Gamma Sigma)
- $500 hourly rate for study, hearing and writing time.
- Four-hour minimum in Oklahoma City metro area; Eight-hour minimum for all other markets.
- Expenses charged for travel outside of Oklahoma City metro area.
- Fifty percent charge for cancellations received less than seven days prior to scheduled mediation.
Copyright © 2020 Michael Lauderdale. All rights reserved.